Parasitic worms or helminths are a division of eukaryotic parasites that, unlike external parasites such as lice and fleas, live inside their host. They are worm-like organisms that live and feed off living hosts, receiving nourishment and protection while disrupting their hosts' nutrient absorption, causing weakness and disease. Those that live inside the digestive tract are called intestinal parasites. They can live inside humans as well as other animals. Approximately 3 billion people globally are infected with helminths.
- Intestinal worms or stomach worms are mostly found in the gastro-intestinal tract of a person, primarily on the intestinal wall. Intestinal worms mostly strike during the rainy season.
- Stomach worms can be tapeworms, threadworms, hookworms, pinworms or roundworms. Stomach worms are quite common in children. Stomach worms can cause pain in the stomach as well as during motions.
- Eating contaminated food or eating food with dirty fingers can lead to intestinal worms. Not washing your hands frequently is also a possible cause for intestinal worms.
- Faulty living style like walking bare foot, eating undercooked flesh foods and poor sanitation can be the main reason for intestinal worms.
- Intestinal worms can enter through the mouth, the nose and the eyes. Sexual contact can also be a cause of intestinal worms.
- A healthy immune system along with hygienic habits and sanitised surroundings are needed for prevention of worm infections.
- Proper washing and cleaning of fruits and vegetables before consuming raw is necessary.
- Maintaining personal hygiene is the easiest and the most effective way of preventing the infection. You should clean your hands and legs each time you go out. Try to avoid eating foods from street-vendors.
- Do not forget to wash your hands after changing diapers, cleaning house, holding uncleaned food stuffs, handling animals.
- Eating fruits and green vegetables is a good way of detoxifying your body and is considered as the easiest method of killing parasitic worms.
- Drink plenty of water. Water also has tendency of detoxification. Drinking about 8-10 glasses of water a day will help a lot.
- Carrot juice contains digestive enzymes naturally, which can help eliminate worms from your body. Consume at least 1-3 glasses of juice from carrot daily.
- If you are suffering from stomach worms, then strictly avoid all fatty foods like oil, butter and cream.
- Meat (including red meats) must not be taken until the infection is completely cleared. Yoghurt will help you in restoring your digestive health.
ALSO THE RESULT FOR :
parasitic worms in humans | parasitic worms symptoms | Symptoms of Parasitic Infections | cause of stomach worms | preventions of stomach worms | stomach worm medicine, treatment, cure at home |